Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Frittata Mama

Most of you know that for the majority of life, I have always avoided anything made with eggs. Deviled, scrammbled, fried, quiche...you name it, I was not going to eat if it was made with eggs. Mostly it is a texture thing for me! However, I have always wondered what an omlet would taste like. I mean most are full of meat (yum), veggies (yum) and some kind of cheese (uh yum). These are all things I enjoy except I can't get past the texture of the egg. I love what the egg stands for....Power Food... A meal in and of itself...a snacks...you get the point i'm sure! So what's a foodie to do???? Answer: Come up with my own reciepe that incorporates eggs but making sure has a great ratio of other ingredients along with it! The following is the very reciepe that I created one magical morning that has changed the way I eat eggs. Infact, I have now enjoyed them many different ways thanks to Steve, who has always loved to cook big breakfasts but hated that he had to omit egg from mine. Perhaps this is an omage to him!!!

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1/2 of grated monterey jack cheese
1 cup diced ham (small dices)
2 green onions sliced thinly
salt and pepper
1tbls EVOO

Preheat the oven to 375
Mix the eggs and cheese together in a small bowl and set aside. Preheat a large nonstick (ovenproof) sautee pan on high and add the Evoo and sautee the ham until nice and brown. Add the green onion to the pan and soften. About 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture and spread around the pan until you have a layer of the mixture all around! Reduce your heat to Med. and let the eggs set for about 2 more minutes. Put the pan in the oven and cook for about 7 minutes or until the edges are a bit browned and the top of the eggs is cooked through!

So yummy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have made this with dried chorizo, potato & spanish onion as well and it was even better! Just change the cheese to sharp yellow and your golden!! Amy and Angela can attest to it! Thanks for being my guinea pigs that morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe! In fact, I made it for the first time and followed exactly what is written above and it turned out what I expect, it didn’t disappoint me , the combination of recipe fits each other and the taste was delightful , that I would like to make very often. Here are some sites that you will also love to see www.gourmandia.com and www.milkdelight.com . I’m sure you’ll love their recipes. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete